Satellite Show 2023
March 13-16, 2023
Wireless Telecom Group | Booth 2732
Test and measurement capabilities featured in the demonstration include:
- Overview of Satellite Uplink and Downlink Testing and how products from Wireless Telecom Group are being entrusted to provide physical layer testing throughout the RF and microwave path of the uplink and downlink
- RF power sensors with the performance to capture rapid uplink/downlink signal switching and network latency for 5G satellite applications using time division duplexing (TDD).
- High-performance phase noise analysis of a satellite network’s most critical components as well as the entire system.
- Custom, controllable noise generation that stresses a satellite system with simulated traffic to test performance under real-world conditions.
- Accurate linearity analysis that thoroughly evaluates the behavior of high-power amplifiers used in satellite networks.
- Characterization of satellite antenna effectiveness by measuring forward and reflected power with peak power sensors to calculate return loss.
Boonton Electronics is a leader in high performance RF and microwave test equipment for radar, avionics, electronic warfare, satellite and wireless communications, and EMI/EMC applications. Used across the semiconductor, military, aerospace, medical and communications industries, Boonton products enable a wide range of RF power measurements and signal analysis for RF product design, production, maintenance and system integration.
Holzworth Instrumentation is a leader in high-performance phase noise analyzers and signal generators for test and measurement solutions in government, commercial, and academic environments. Optimized for ultra-low phase noise performance, Holzworth products offer fast switching speeds, spectral purity, accuracy, and high reliability while meeting stringent performance specifications in a unique form factor.
Noisecom has a depth of experience unmatched in the industry and works closely with technical end users to find the right product for their application with both off the shelf and customized solutions. This experience and close links to customers and markets has led to the development of noise generators and broadband noise modules specifically designed for the RF signal paths in satellite applications up to 110 GHz.
Learn more how Noisecom can help in our Satellite Communications Testing Solutions Guide.
Satellite 2022 Demonstrations
Satellite 2021 Demonstrations
The demonstration sends data over a simulated satellite network utilizing products from Boonton, CommAgility, Holzworth, Microlab, and Noisecom.
Part 1 of the test set-up begins with the user equipment (UE) connecting to the eNodeB to transmit data over a simulated satellite network.
Signal Transport and Impairment
Part 2 of the test set-up utilizes a variety of Microlab products to combine, condition, and distribute the two signal paths generated in Part 1.
Signal Monitoring and Analysis
Part 3 of the test set-up receives, monitors, and analyzes the transmitted signals that were sent through the simulated satellite network.